BATTERY CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
1. Top-charge and precautions:
Any VRLA-AGM battery will be damaged by continual undercharging or overcharging (Capacity is reduced and life is shortened), although SNB batteries accept a charge very well due to their low internal resistance. Overcharging is extremely harmful to any VRLA battery because of the sealed design. Overcharging dries out the electrolyte by driving the oxygen and hydrogen out of the battery through the pressure relief valves which will lead to less capacity and shorter lifetime. If a battery is continually undercharged, a barrier layer of sulfate will build up on the positive plate which will impact recharging acceptability. Premature plate shedding can also happen. Performance is reduced and life is shortened.
It is critical that a charger be used that limits voltage. The charger must be temperature-compensated to prevent under or overcharging due to ambient temperature changes (Please refer to the table titled as “Charge Voltage and Temperature Ranges” on Page 3). The warranty is void if improperly charged. Use a good constant potential, temperature-compensated, voltage-regulated charger. Constant current chargers should never be used on VRLA batteries.
2. Battery storage:
If the battery has high temperature or poor ventilation during storage and delivery, the self-discharge will increase. So, keep good ventilation and keep away from fire, flame, heat supply etc. When storing the battery, take it off from the charger and load and keep it in the dry and cool place. Please supplement charge before use when the battery has been kept for a long time.
1) Keep batteries in a place, where children cannot easily reach.
2) Do not attempt to disassemble, revise, damage, impacted, dispose batteries, otherwise the battery can leak, be overheated, or explore.
3) Do not dispose of the batteries in water, fire, and do not heating the batteries.
4) Do not short circuit the battery terminals.
5) Do not put your face near the top of batteries. Please wear gloves, eye protection when you measure or repair batteries.
6) There is sulfuric acid in the battery. Do not make contact with sulfuric acid in skin, clothes, or especially in eyes. If eyes make contact with sulfuric acid, please wash with a lot of clean water, and consult a physician immediately.
7) The suitable temperature is -15℃～+50℃, but it will have longer life in the temperature from+20℃～+30℃. The operation circumstances are defined as: discharging temperature range -15℃～+50℃; charging temperature range 0℃～+40℃.